So now that he's not really, really sick, I really, really have no reason to still be sitting at the computer, ignoring the state of this house. Really. Since I wasted the morning:
B, I'm going upstairs to take a nap. Here's the intercom if you need me, a big glass of juice with a silly straw, a bagel with margarine. Enjoy watching the episodes of Fetch with Ruff Ruffman you just found on the computer. Mommy needs to sleep.
Hmmm...does that make me a bad mom? Or just one that was really, really tired?I have to get my butt in gear so I at least feel like I accomplished SOMETHING!
Here's the plan, which I will attempt to complete in between helping B not get overwhelmed with his work:
- Fold and put away the laundry in the dryer, transfer laundry in the washer into the dryer, and put the blanket B threw up on into the washer. Yuck! - DONE
- Attack the kitchen - empty dishwasher - DONE, reload dishwasher - DONE, wash by hand the large dishes that will not fit in said dishwasher, clear off and clean off counters (including throwing away last week's CSA vegetables that I never got around to cooking - yes, I am hanging my head in shame as I throw my money away)
- Clear off the dining room table
- Resort and organize my many plastic containers and stock up on individual portions of snacks to make lunches easier to prepare
- Fold and put away laundry in the dryer, transfer blanket to the dryer, put in yet another load of laundry that clearly seems to multiply whenever I turn my back
- Find a face painting face template to print out so I can show what I am able to paint. I volunteered to face paint at the school district's PTO carnival this weekend, and it sure makes it easier when I have faces for kids to pick
- If I'm still standing at that point - tackle the Paper Pile threatening to fall on and crush anyone who breathes on it wrong.