Friday, May 02, 2008

Drugs

I love my husband.
He took over with the kids yesterday as soon as he got home, not giving me any grief about the fact I needed to crawl under the covers at 4:30 in the afternoon. Since I started crying when he later came up to find out what triggered this and told him that nothing triggered it and I don't want to talk about it, he let it go, just what I wanted.

I love medication.
I missed refilling my anti-depression meds when I should have, so yesterday was a result of missing three days in a row. I functioned fine at school yesterday, but ran into trouble when I got home. As soon as he made dinner for the kids and got them sitting down to eat it, DH ran out to pick up my prescription and also picked up some soup (all I felt like eating for dinner) and Good and Plenty (one of my favorite comfort foods). This morning I took both my anti-depressant AND my narcolepsy med (which I had ALSO missed yesterday). What a difference!

Life is much better when I don't have to muddle through the fog that becomes my mind when I don't have drugs.

4 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Oh Sweetie! Do be sure to refill the script and take them as recommended. If they make you feel better, than the pain in the neck they are to get and remember about is worth it.

Hey, I have up a post at RoD I thought you might want to read and leave a comment about.

Hang in there! We are here for you.

Domestic Goddess said...

I am REALLY glad it has been refilled. Now, don't do that again!

2Forgetful said...

C. sounds just wonderful and I'm glad your script is filled. You might want to think about internet refills for the future. This way you won't run out and it's often less expensive (at least for my prescription plan it is.)

Domestic Goddess said...

I was just thinking, I have all of my scripts on autorefill. I don't know if your pharmacy does this, but it is soooooo worth it, because a few days before it is due they refill it for me and then CALL ME TO TELL ME IT IS IN. I don't even have to think about it. And? This particular pharmacy is waaaaaay cheaper than, say, CVS (who many times dispensed the wrong drugs to my kids!)