- I bought four reusable grocery bags today. Can't believe I put it off for so long, thinking that it was too expensive or that I would need too many to make it practical. They were 99 cents each and four of them held all my groceries!
- I got Mother's Day presents for the kids in both of my classes to make for their moms and for my three kids to make for their two grandmothers and great-grandmothers and my sister. Go me for being ahead of the game - I usually wait until the VERY last minute.
- I went to Gentile's (a local produce store) and stocked up on fruits and vegetables to snack on. I'm really trying to get my weight under control.
- With that in mind I set up new goals at SparkPeople again. I'm sticking to the "fast break" stage - I created three small goals to work on: To drink 8 glasses of water a day, To get 8 hours of sleep, and To journal (blog) every day. I really think just sticking to those three things will be a great start to getting my weight under control. Here's a link if you want to check it out: Free Calorie Counter at SparkPeople.com
- I took B and J to an allergist today, a very time-consuming process. We found out that B does not have seasonal allergies (good to know) and now have a new plan in place for dealing with his asthma. We also found out that J is allergic to trees (I guess that falls under the category of seasonal allergies) and to cats. The truly ironic thing is that I had JUST decided YESTERDAY that we should just bite the bullet and get a cat. Good thing I didn't tell the kids that yet! Guess we'll be scrapping that plan.
- I took care of myself today and saw the midwives at The Birth Center for my regular check-up. I know, not that exciting, but still important. One of the best things about continuing to use midwives for my well woman visits is I did not have to worry about shaving my legs. I'm sure many if not most of the clients there do not shave and that no on there would even notice! Not the only reason I'm going there, but today, it was nice to not have to worry about trying to squeeze in one more thing.
- I sorted through the kids' clothes yesterday, put together a bag of girl clothes and a bag of boy clothes that the kids have outgrown, and then listed them on Cheapcycle for $5 each. It appears that I actually have found two buyers for them and will be making a little bit of cash for things that I normally would have given away.
- I also rearranged the rest of the kids' clothes, consolidating them all to the one bedroom (something I should have done as soon as we offically allowed J to move in with the boys). And I got DH to clear out J's "house" - a.k.a. the box the new stove came in - from the upstairs playroom - a.k.a. J's old bedroom.
- I went to a fundraiser with the family yesterday, one that I had donated a gift certificate for $100 towards a b-day party from me. Not only am I proud that people put a lot of tickets in the bag for the b-day party package (that contained my g.c.), but one of the volunteers approached me just to tell me how much she and her daughter had enjoyed my performance at the elementary school fundraiser I did last week. Wow, that felt so good!
- I finally figured out how to send links in my e-mails!!!
- The fact that I will be going to bed soon, which means that I will be able to get the eight hours of sleep I'm shooting for!
Monday, May 05, 2008
I'm Proud of . . .
Posted by Domestic CEO at 9:13 PM