Monday, January 08, 2007

The Comfort Food that Didn't

Oh, McDonalds, you are my favorite comfort food. I love the salty taste of your perfectly fried french fries, biting into your "Big and Tasty" burger, loaded with a tomato slice and some lettuce so I don't feel too decadant (along with a big dollop of mayonaise), is just divine, and then treating myself to a Coke - I love fountain drinks more than any other version - AAAAHHHHH....

So I woke up, if you can call it that, this morning feeling lousy. Still. My throat has been swollen to the point of painful to swallow anything since Friday. Bleck. And my ears hurt. Double bleck. I went to the doctor on Friday and he (not my regular doc but I was desparate) prescribed an antibiotic since my throat and glands were so swollen. He also prescribed a prescription decongestant. I've been up coughing every night. Last night I slept literally from 1 - 4. At 5:30 I went back to sleep for half an hour, and then when the kids got up at 7 I let them come in my room and watch tv so I could kind of sleep for another half hour. I'm tired and cranky and feel like crap. All I want to do is cocoon myself in my bed and stay here all day.

But here's the kicker. I decided since I felt so bad I should treat myself (and the kids) to my favorite comfort food. It is with much sadness that I report that the salt made my throat hurt and the sandwich tasted weird because apparently I'm more stuffed up than I thought.

You know it's bad when even your comfort food turns on you.

1 comment:

Perky said...

Aw, sweetie -- give yourself a "comfort food raincheck" that you can use later when you feel better and are actually able to enjoy your guilty pleasure!

Sorry you're not feeling good!