Well, no not really. But I watched my TIVOed episode of yesterday's show last night and it seems that thousands of people wrote her to tell her that her show last week on The Secret did just that. Yesterday the episode was all about the reaction to last week's show.
Here's what I got out of it:
The "Secret" is all about the Laws of Attraction. You will get back whatever you put out there. If you are negative and are thinking negative thoughts, things around you will be negative. Whatever you choose to focus on, be it your weight, the things about your spouse that annoy you, the things in your life that you don't like, they will become the biggest thing in your life. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, but last night it made a lot of sense to me! Bottom line, to quote Monty Python, "Always look on the bright side of life!"
One of the ideas they presented was to list all the things you don't want and then write the polar opposite. I think I'm able to just jump right to the polar opposite (woohoo, go me) and write the list of what I DO want in life. Here goes, in no particular order:
1) I want my children to be able to lead independent lives in which they are doing things that make them happy and are socially responsible.
2) I want my husband and I to have time together on a regular basis to communicate and stay connected.
3) I want financial freedom, the ability to pay my bills without worrying about when the next paycheck comes, the chance to take the kids out to lunch without having to cut way back on what we order just to ensure that we can afford it, the opportunity to take the family on vacation once in a while, an emergency fund set up to cover three months worth of expenses, a retirement fund so we can retire at some point, an education fund for each of the children to ensure that they can go to school without having to declare financial independence and work many differnt jobs to be able to pay for it as I did.
4) I want a peaceful, non-chaotic, organized home.
5) I want to be physically fit, to make good choices with the food I eat, to exercise regularly, to fit into my size 8 clothes.
6) I want to make money from my business and enjoy it, doing at least two parties and/or assemblies a month.
7) I want to study the Torah and the entire Tanakh, being able to question and share ideas with other like-minded Jews.
8) I want to continue developing friendships with other women.
9) I want to scrapbook at least two times a month.
The idea is that once you clearly know what you want, you need to work on making steps towards achieving it. The more I write about this, the more I think this is something I have been living all my life already, but I think it's good to state what you want out of life and figure out how to make it happen.
What about you? What are the things you want in life? If you have your own blog, I challenge you to post about it and then leave a link in my comments. If you don't have a blog, list what you want in the comments section. I'd love to read what other people want out of life!