Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Why?

Why, oh why do they print the instructions on how to open a child-resistant cap ON the said child-resistant cap?

Having a child who can read at an early age is interesting, but very frustrating when he is able to read things that he really shouldn't be reading!

Don't worry, the Poison Control Center reassured me that the vitamins he ate won't harm him, but didn't have any good solution for making him forget the instructions he already read and proved to me that he knows how to use.

P.S. As I type this, said child is hanging on my shoulder (literally) reading every word I type. Whenever I pause, he suggests a word for me to put in. And since he's insisting on it now, I must type in his name: A. There, is that better, A? He's now moved on to my box of business cards, pronouncing that he needs to create his own party productions when he's older.

Well, it's never dull around here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. Too smart. If it makes you feel better, Luke has done similar things. ANd it drives me crazy when he reads as I type, grrr...

Perky said...

Wow! Aaron's reading ability totally astounds me! In all seriousness, he reads better than a few adults I know! This child will grow up to be a force to be reckoned with!

Unknown said...

Aaron cracks me up, mainly because I see my son doing the same thing in a few months-his 4th birthday will be in March. His favorite things to spell? His name, of course, and Han Solo. He wanted to know how to spell Princess Leia too, but I was afraid I'd teach him incorrectly. He never forgets, so it is important to get it right the first time!!