Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Quick update

Quick update:
Walk NOW was Saturday - a 5 K to raise money for Cure Autism Now. My family team raised about $1500. And a good time was had by all.

Sunday night to Monday night was Yom Kippor, the holiest day of the Jewish year. I was able to attend services both Sunday night and Monday morning, and then led the preschool service at 1, which was very well attended and appreciated by all. If nothing else, attending services this weekend confirmed for me that I want to attend actual grown-up services again. DH and I worked out a way for me to do that.

Today - feel like crap. Whether it's the fact that I took myself off my anti-depressants last week and may STILL be feeling the effects of that or I'm just fighting the cold all the kids have, feel blech.

Good news for tomorrow: I get to see the woman I have idolized for as long as I can remember, in concert, live, the woman who rarely gives live concerts and whom may never come to town again on tour - yes, I'm seeing Barbra. I'm so excited I cannot stand it. Obviously I will report on the concert later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Babs I said, "Hel-lo, Gor-geous!!!!" Wow! Am I jealous! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lisa M. said...

I just stumbled here, not quite sure I remember *how*

Neat blog.

The cure for Autism. Wouldn't that be neat!

And I am jealous too! Enjoy the concert!

Domestic Goddess said...

I WANNA GO SEE BARBARA!!!!!!