Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm Flapping my Wings

I think I could handle the regular routines of life, like doing the laundry, buying the groceries, stuff like that, if the other stuff would just stop for a little bit. I probably could even get on top of it all. Aaaahhhh....that would be so nice.

But no, we all know that life does not work that way. As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans." And as I like to say a lot, quoting someone, but I don't know who, "Man plans, God laughs."

Okay, so enough philosophy.

I managed today to get up out of bed before the kids. Woohoo! I've been hitting the snooze alarm over and over in the morning, letting the kids get in bed with me and watch a little PBS (one of the only channels that come in clearly on the upstairs rabbit-eared TV) so I can sleep (kind of) a little longer. Today I managed to convince A to go back to bed (Man, this time change has been HARD on the kids!) and then I showered. I did let the boys come in my room to watch Buster while I got dressed, but then brought them into their room to help them get dressed. J "slept in" until 7:15. In any case, getting up before they are allowed to get up is huge. On the other end of that, getting to bed on time is huge, too.

I need to start focusing on FLYlady more. I know the philosophy would work for me if I just stuck to it! So here goes. It's a brand new day. I'm starting fresh. I'm going downstairs to shine my sink. Even though I don't have a pretty stainless steel one, it does make a huge difference walking into my tiny kitchen if the white sink actually does look white. And it makes you think twice about putting anything in it. And it inspires me to keep the counters clean. So here I go. If I move fast, I might even have time to come back and post a Thursday Thirteen!

No comments: