Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I Love Suppernanny!

Trying to ignore J's cries.

She wants her toy/flashlight. I don't know where it is. She doesn't go to sleep with it every night and even has a nightlight on right now, so she doesn't REALLY need it. But tonight she has decided she needs it right now!

Even if I found it right now, I wouldn't bring it to her for fear of reinforcing the tantrum.

So now I sit downstairs and work hard on ignoring her.

When she gets out of bed I will walk her back without talking to her, ala the "Stay-in-Bed Technique" from Suppernanny. But for now, she's staying in bed and I'm just sitting down here listening to her scream. ARGH!

****************************
Couldn't take it. Twenty minutes of crying, then A came out to complain (the three kids share a room) that he couldn't hear the radio. J stopped crying long enough to tell me exactly where the flashlight was, I brought it to her, it's now quiet upstairs. Yes, I totally caved.

**********************************************
On another note, did you check out that clip on the Suppernanny website? I started reading this really need blog named Seven Seeds, written by a mom with SEVEN kids. Her family will be on Supernanny this week! I cannot wait to watch this episode since, after reading the blog, I feel like I know her!

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Dude, you caved?
Just kidding. I just caved after listening to Bugaboo cry for four hours. We put him to bed and he screamed. And screamed. And screamed more. We both tried. Normally? He goes to bed just fine. Tonight he needs mommy and daddy to snuggle on the couch with him. I am chalking it up to him being sick...I hope. This better not start a new trend!

Burgh Baby said...

Are we living in the same house? I don't know that I necessarily caved last night . . . OK, I did. I totally caved.

Supernanny has never met my toddler. She would rethink her theory if she ever met that pile of stubborn.