Monday, March 17, 2008

You say it's your birthday . . .

My birthday is coming up April 7th and I've just thought of the perfect gift for myself. I want an entire weekend for myself. I want to lounge in bed for as long as I want, read a pile of good romance books, order up room service, go to the bathroom and close the door without worrying that someone is going to need to use the potty "right now, hurry, I'm going to pee on the floor!"

Don't misunderstand - I LOVE spending time with my kids and my husband. But I would also LOVE to spend a weekend to myself. With as much quiet as I want. Without having to referee anything, without needing to clean or declutter any part of the house (or feel guilty about NOT doing that).

I decided to put a PayPal button on the side over there ---->
in case anyone reading feels like donating a dollar or two to my cause. No pressure or anything, but just figured it couldn't hurt to share my goal!

So now that I'm a total Blog Whore, I'm off to bed.

7 comments:

nutmeg said...

ME TOO! For your birthday because I can't wait for mine!
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards was good although not quite a mystery.

Perky said...

You should come scrapping with us the following weekend! You don't even HAVE to scrap -- you could relax in the cabin and read a book and then hang out with us when you feel like a little adult (not necessarily mature, mind you, but adult nonetheless) conversation!

Anonymous said...

A weekend of solitude sounds fab.

Domestic Goddess said...

I wish.
I can't wait until November. That's when I get my weekend to stay in bed.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I can donate to that cause. If I weren't going to be in Boston that weekend, I would totally volunteer to help watch your kids.

What's this about scrapping Perky?

Michelle W said...

I can appreciate this. if I've got any cents left in PP, it's yours! Oh, and I put a link to your blog on mine. Hope that is okay!!?

Kelly said...

happy birthday today