1. My cold is finally starting to get a little better.
2. A's eval at the IU is today!!!
3. My friend Heather has volunteered to watch DN-A and B here today so I don't need to take them with me to the IU.
4. The preschool director (who I'm friends with) volunteered for me to drop off all the kids at school today so I didn't have to bring them with me. I'm taking her up on the offer for J, who wants to go to school so bad, since it's just a young 2s class that has room right now.
5. My DH feels strongly enough about helping A that he found coverage for his classes to come to the eval with me, even though I told him we'll just be sitting in the waiting room.
6. J is STILL sleeping, 2 hours later than usual! (Yes, I already checked, she is still breathing.)
7. J is so verbal that when she woke up screaming last night, she was able to tell me, "I'm scared of the monkey!" allowing me to lift up all the covers, show her there was no monkey in her crib, and help her lay down and go right back to sleep. A still wakes up screaming and crying and even being as verbal as he is, cannot tell me what is wrong.
8. B has a cold and began complaining that his neck hurt last night, which could possibly be a sign of menengitis. The doctor could see him last night, with no trip to the ER necessary, and said that he was fine. Even his lungs sounded clear, even with all the coughing he is doing.
9. DH has been so great the past couple days with me being sick, helping as much as he can.
10. I had two other friends who also offered to watch the kids today so I wouldn't have to take them to A's eval.
11. I figured out a way to create an entranceway to my house by rearranging the furniture in my living room. An entranceway is one of the things I really want in a house, one of the things I like when looking at other houses, so now I'm leaning towards staying in our current house and building on.
12. My sister was able to work from home today to help me out, so she will keep the baby with her today and will be able to pick up J from school at 1 and come here to relieve Heather.
13. A was able to get dressed ALMOST by himself today with relatively few tantrums of it being "too hard." Today it worked by breaking it down one step at a time ("Okay, I'm going to go put my shirt on. Let me help you get your arms out of your pajama top and then you put your shirt on. Let's see if you can beat me. Ready? Go!") - a little time consuming, but he still did the majority of the work himself!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants