I know I did this topic last week too, but I went to bed feeling so great (which is not very typical for me, unfortunately) I thought I would type up a new list this week.
1. I "brought the box to Borders" last night again. :) I boxed up all the papers in the house and spent five uninterrupted hours by myself. Aaaahhhh... I first went to Panera's and ate a fabulous salad while reading a good book (Little Earthquakes - I'm really enjoying Jennifer Weiner).
2. Then I went to Borders and sorted through all the papers. I threw out a ton of trash and paid a few bills.
3. I made a list on my steno pad (love steno pads!) of all the things I need to do based on the papers I found which are now stacked neatly in my TO DO box in order.
4. I went to bed feeling so on top of that aspect of my life, mainly because I had a plan on how to get everything accomplished.
5. I have a great husband, because all I had to do was e-mail him during the day yesterday that I needed him to take over at five so I could do this and he did it. I had two other great places that I could have also gone last night (book club and Mother's and More meeting) but this left me feeling so wonderful in a totally different way than going to either of those would have, even as exciting and fabulous they both would have been.
6. My wonderful MOMS Club Board gave me a Visa gift card as a thank you for being president. So great! I had fun yesterday treating myself to dinner, a Chai tea at Borders, and two decorating magazines that are now full of post-it notes of things I want to do around the house. And I still have more on it!
7. I discovered an amazing chore chart that we started using on Monday. It's working so great!!! The kids are so motivated to do their morning routine (yes, it's like a baby control journal) just so they can move the ticket naming each step into the "I did it!" box.
8. My super sister came up with the idea of doing a kid sleepover exchange to allow each of us to have a kid-free weekend to celebrate our anniversaries. And since my anniversary is coming up - I'm thrilled!!!
9. I made reservations for us to spend a night in a fancy hotel in town with their Wedding Night package during our kid-free weekend. It includes breakfast in bed!
10. We also plan on spending one night at home, after we enjoy a nice leisurely dinner and an eight o'clock movie. We will get to sleep in both mornings. Aaahhh...
11. I met with a real estate agent yesterday afternoon. She is on the same page as us. We want to compare our options: building on to this place or making a "lateral" move to a larger house in a neighboring town where we can get more for the money. I'm honestly leaning more towards staying here, but after giving the agent my must haves (an entranceway, a finished basement, a yard, an open kitchen that is large enough for people to gather) she promised to look to see what's out there for what we're currently paying.
12. A's evaluation was completed yesterday when the psychologist from the IU got a chance to observe him at school. She left before the end of the school day, but told his teacher that she defintely saw the things we were talking about.
13. It's my brother-in-law's birthday today, so even though C is working late again, I don't have to do dinner alone as my sister is making it for all of us at her house.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants