Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bonus Day!

As of today, J is going to begin going to preschool on Wednesday mornings as well. DH does not seem too keen on the idea when I told him last night (money is going to be tight when I stop watching DN-A) so my goal is to be super productive this morning to show him the benefit of me getting this bonus morning. The way I look at it, I reached my frustration level a few weeks ago, when I made the decision to stop watching my niece and nephew. I just can't do it anymore. Unfortunately, my sister can't just instantly stop working - she has to give notice, blah, blah, blah. So that means that even though I already reached the point where I can't take it anymore, things are not changing as fast as I need them to (in other words, DN-A is still with us full time). And that's why I feel J starting a third morning at school is totally justified. Plus the fact that she loves school and leaves each morning significantly more verbal than when she went in. So I know it's good for her.

My plan for today is to order our groceries (gotta love acmemarkets.com), sort through all the paperwork around this computer (DH "cleaned up" the other day), do lots of laundry, complete my report cards for Hebrew School and Religious School, pay the bills, and at least begin putting together our holiday cards. Sound okay for two and half hours?

3 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I think you can do it. I am fairly productive when the kids are in school. It is AMAZING what you can get done with no one around! The first few days of Bugaboo's full time schooling I slept in, worked out, took naps and caught up on ME. Then I realized the potential in a few hours in the afternoon. WOOHOO!!!
You can do it. Make a list and stick with it. Now is your time to shine!

Unknown said...

Rachel,
Based on what I've seen you accomplish with 5 kids in tow, I expect you to also have solved world hunger, put an end to the Iraq war, and have time for a relaxing cup of tea.

Seriously, even with only one kid in school five mornings, and the other in school one morning a week, I feel like I have mounds of time. You will LOVE it.

Lauren D. McKinney said...

I don't think I could do that in 2 1/2 hours! But if you have something to prove, go to it.