1. When feeling overwhelmed, it's okay to ask for help.
2. Admitting that watching five kids under the age of five when one has been diagnosed with Asperger's has gotten too hard has clearly made a lot of moms feel better about themselves.
3. Telling my sister that I couldn't watch her kids anymore was really, really, really tough.
4. See my sister with tear-swollen eyes and knowing that I caused that felt like a knife in my heart.
5. Sometimes speaking up for yourself ends up having positive results for everyone, even if you can't see that right away.
6. Getting a bonus morning by having J attend preschool on Wednesdays as well as Tuesdays and Thursdays is incredible!
7. This has been the first time that I have ever had time to myself during the day since having kids. When the boys entered preschool, J was already born, and when J entered school, I was watching the baby. Last Thursday was the first time I dropped the kids off at school and left empty-handed.
8. Dropping off all the kids at school and thinking, "I'm free!" when I left the building does NOT make me a bad parent.
9. I love my kids. I love them a lot more when I am able to have a little break from them during the day.
10. I feel so wonderful when I am actually able to get some stuff accomplished during the day.
11. I don't sleep well when DH is out of town.
12. While going to bed at 4:30 in the afternoon is not normal, it sure helps you catch up on sleep.
13. When I am caught up on my sleep and able to have a few hours to myself during the week, I actually feel human.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants