Friday, December 08, 2006

I wish we could move

B said as we were driving this afternoon. We have been checking out construction on a house near the kids' school, so we were doing our daily inspection when this popped out of his mouth.

I was really thrown for a minute. I thought he liked our house. Is there something going on I don't know about. I decided to explore this comment.

"Why, B, why do you want to move?"

"I want to have a house like that one," he replied, referring to the one we were driving by, that had the bottom level still open as the workman installed insulation but the top all closed up.

"What is special about that house?"

"I want a house like that because it doesn't have a bedroom. If we didn't have a bedroom then we could stay up all night and never have to go to bed."

After laughing out loud, I quickly explained to him that even if there wasn't a bedroom, we would all still have to go to bed at night, no matter which house we lived in.

No comments: