1. We had our hardwood floors finished yesterday. They had been covered with stained gray yucky wall to wall carpet. The "Sand Free" company moved the furniture, pulled up the carpet and staples, and then did all kinds of stuff to the floor to finish it without sanding.
2. I thought we would be able to go upstairs without going through the living room and dining room, but the furniture from those to rooms was blocking our way.
3. I decided that it would be easier for A to sleep at my parents' instead of seeing the house all mixed up, so the kids and I spent the night here.
4. I woke up with no voice at all. It takes so much effort to communicate to the kids using only a whisper and body language!
5. I'm hosting a playdate in my backyard at 9:30. Wish I had just cancelled it - love having people over, but I feel miserable now. And I don't have a voice to call them up and cancel!
6. I think I'll have DH call my tutoring student and cancel today's session. Kind of hard to give one on one instruction like this!!!
7. I can't wait to get home and see how the floors turned out, even though the furniture won't be moved back until this afternoon.
8. I feel like crap.
9. Why is it that I'm friendly with lots of people, but don't feel like I really have any friends?
10. I see other moms talking about getting together, or going out - why am I never included? I do make the effort once in a while to invite people to get together, but it's not usually reciprocated.
11. Many moms joke that I'm some "Supermom" - is that what distances me from them, or am I acting in some way that make them distance themselves from me? It's actually one of the reasons I started this blog, so people could see that I'm normal!!
12. I shouldn't feel this way - like I said, lots of moms are friendly towards me, and I have a few groups of people that I could turn to if I needed help, but I would love to be included more.
13. Why do I still feel like I'm in high school with all this crap?!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants