1. J is driving me nuts! I swear, I don't remember the boys being like this at 2 1/2! This morning she purposefully took her sippy cup of milk to the new area rug and started shaking it out onto the rug. I took her cup from her and gave her a washcloth to clean it up, but she refused. I told her that I was very angry with her and "helped" her clean it (took her hand on the washcloth and wiped it up with her). Five minutes later, I walked into the playroom where she was playing. She looked up at me, smiled, and said, "Hi, Angry Mommy!"
2. Not fair. I went to bed on time two nights ago. The kids all slept fine. Last night I fell asleep a half hour later than I should have and BOTH J and A had a really rough night, taking turns keeping us up for about 2-3 hours.
3. DN-A and DN-J are late. Wonder what's up with that.
4. Monday we went to the train museum. It was fabulous! DH was going to take them himself and I would stay behind and paint some more, but then I decided that I would kick myself if I missed out on this great family time. Really glad I went!
5. DH is in school today and yesterday for training on this new computer system. So it was back to work for me too. Big change to go back to not having any other adult to rely on during the day.
6. Took the kids (yes, all of them) to the bowling alley for a playdate yesterday. It was great seeing the other moms, but man, even though the kids were pretty well-behaved, it was still so tough! "Put that ball down, DN-A! B, that's not our lane! A, don't touch those buttons! J, stop poking the baby! Okay, whose turn is it now?" I am usually up for just about anything with the kids, but I don't think I'm trying that again until the boys are at least six.
7. Did a good job sticking to my personal schedule yesterday.
8. So far, today is looking good too!
9. The library is having some kind of "Read for the Record" storytime today, trying to break some record for something or other. Don't really get it, but don't care - an outing with the kids - woohoo!
10. DH is taking the kids all day Friday. What to do, what to do.
11. I think I will try to convince him to go OUT with them. I want to (read: NEED to for my own sanity) finish the painting! One more (I hope) coat in the dining room, the top coat in the living room, one more coat on the wardrobe - ambitious for one day (to say the least) but would LOVE to get it done once and for all!
12. DN-A and DN-J just got here (about an hour later than usual). Put the baby down for a nap right away because I plan to leave the house in about 45 minutes. Hopefully she'll fall asleep right away.
13. Amazing how the addition of DN-A with the rest of my kids changes the dynamic immediately!
Leave your link if you also have written a Thursday Thirteen!
I love reading comments!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants