Sunday, July 09, 2006

Disappointed

I'm really disappointed with myself. I wasted Friday and Saturday, two days that I had the opportunity to do so much around the house. Friday I had 8 until 1 that DH would be in charge of the kids. What did I do? Sleep and read. That pretty much sums it up. Saturday I had the whole morning. We were having friends come over for dinner and I needed to make burgers and straighten up. What did I do? Sleep and read.

Now today I have a good reason to sleep a lot - J apparently had a bad dream. She woke every ten minutes between 2 - 3, at which time I told her that Mommy and Daddy weren't going to come in anymore. She freaked and begged to sleep with us. She'd never done that before, so I agreed. She finally fell asleep at 4, after poking me and touching my face, very sweet but NOT AT 3 IN THE MORNING!!! At 5 when she woke up DH put her back in her crib and she slept longer until 9. I tried something this morning with the boys that I had never tried before. I got them their breakfast, put on a DVD, and told them if they needed me to come get me. Then I went back to bed. I was tired!!!

But my point is, I had no such excuse on Friday or Saturday. I was just being lazy. And I'm pissed! DH takes over with the kids at noon - I better put the time to good use!!!

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Don't be angry! Sometimes we need those kind of days. Live and learn, move on, and next time, get something done! But in the meantime, don't chastise yerself for it.
Oh, and as far as I am concerned, Moms deserve to stay in bed all day and be lazy when their husbands are home.