1. Cleared off my computer armoire
2. Moved the computer and armoire upstairs into our bedroom
3. Cleaned out the hall closet (didn't really had a choice - had to empty it out when moving the armoire so we could make it up the stairs)
4. Set up all the organizers in our new shed and put stuff back in (okay, DH did MOST of this, but I helped!)
5. Rearranged the backyard stuff so it looked a little nicer with our new purchases in it.
6. Cleaned out the dining room furniture (a friend was able to use it so she picked it up - yes!)
7. Found someone to take our LARGE mirror that we no longer wanted (it was five feet by six feet - and I actually found five different people on Freecycle that wanted it!)
8. Went to Ikea (with DH and all five kids - can't get over how many times we got asked, "Are they all yours?!!" I guess that's because they're all so young, and my niece and nephew are clearly biracial, but the looks of shock get old after a while.) to get the new furniture for the dining room and entranceway that we are creating.
9. Worked with DH to put together said furniture late into the night. I have been really doing well getting to bed at a decent hour (well, at least for two nights in a row), but that was shot to hell last night - but the dining room table, six chairs, large bookcase, and coat closet/wardrobe are all together and look great).
10. Brought numerous boxes of stuff to local thrift store.
11. Ordered a laptop on-line at Best Buy (but now have to figure out how to return it or cancel the on-line purchase since I found a better sale price at Circuit City).
12. Cleared out three laundry baskets worth of accumlated junk from various stash and dash runs around the house before company came over.
13. Met with financial planner (free initial consultation) to discuss best ways to begin saving for retirement, kids' education, emergency funds, etc.
Not too shabby, eh? It's great splitting the responsiblities with the kids over the summer! And next week is best of all - DH will be in charge of all five kids all week!!! This was a gift to me, and I'm gladly accepting it. :) Now I just have to make sure I make really good use of it. The house is still in a state of flux, and there's a lot more that I want to do to it. I feel (rightfully so) like the summer is the only time that I can really get anything accomplished so I need to make the most of it.
I have not been checking in to different blogs as much as I'd like, though tried to get to a bunch of the Works for Me Wednesday posts as I could on Rocks in my Dryer. I'm thrilled that my friend at Chaotic Home is finally getting a chance to blog again. I now have all my blogs up on bloglines and am loving being able to see at a glance which of my favorite blogs have new posts.
Alright, have to get ready to go tutor this afternoon. I'm tired. Maybe I should take a quick nap first? That always just makes me feel more tired. Hmmm...what to do? Probably just take a nap. Story of my life, end up doing what feels good first instead of what's good for me. I'm working on it - but right now I'm just really tired!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants