Since my wonderful husband is home over the summer, I have more time than I do during the school year to get some things accomplished at home (since we share the responsiblibity of watching all the kids when he is home). As a birthday present DH gave me a full week to do whatever I wanted and I'm using it the first week of August. So....since I have declared this to be the summer of the house, here's what I plan to get done:
1. Clear out scrap area in playroom to ultimately put laptop there for kids to use.
2. Purchase said laptop.
3. Find and buy suitable chair for that area.
4. Move computer and armoire upstairs to our bedroom.
5. Clean off top of computer armoire to prepare for that move.
6. Find and buy appropriate organization system for our brand new shed (woohoo!)
7. Rearrange backyard furniture and toys.
8. Decide upon colors and purchase paints and supplies for painting party on August 5th (there's still time to RSVP if you're local and want to help - just let me know!!!).
9. Spackle and prime dining room (need to cover dark green paint currently on there).
10. Clean out downstairs hall closet so handyman can install shelves.
11. Clean out pantry so handyman can install additional shelf.
12. Find and buy new kitchen cabinet and drawer handles.
13. Take off kitchen cabinets and prep for paint (clean and fill holes from yucky handles).
How sad is it that I still have a ton more that I could add to this list? Okay, that is alright. I need to continue my basic daily routines at the same time so the house doesn't fall apart completely while I'm improving it, so if I have too many things I'm trying to get done ultimately nothing will get done.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants