Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Crazy morning

After talking to my sister numerous times yesterday, I got a call around 4 or so - through tears she's asking if I can keep DN-A there longer. Apparently she is suddenly experiencing strong stomach pains. The midwives want her to head over to the Birth Center. So strange, since she had sounded fine every other time. It turns out that she developed an infection of the uterus. She was given strong antibiotics and was told to rest as if she just had the baby. After I dropped the boys off this morning J and I headed over to her house to help out. She's better but still very uncomfortable. I'd never heard of this happening before.

As I was getting the kids breakfast this morning, I got a call from a friend of mine (A.) in my local Flylady group. Apparently another friend from the group (K.) had posted that she needed to be taken to the hospital. A. was the first one to read the messages and called me since I live closer. K. had been having back pain for four days but woke up experiencing numbness in her arm, blurry vision, and slurred speech that all came and went. She was really scared. I spoke to her a few times on the phone and she really didn't sound good. I think I convinced her to go immediately to the hospital. It seemed like it could have been a heart attack or stroke, or just a lot of back pain causing her to panic. She's still at the ER right now, but is feeling better. It will be interesting to find out what happened! I'm so relieved to find out that she's doing better.

I was able to actually accomplish some stuff around the house yesterday. I really didn't want to, but knew I HAD to, that it would make me feel so bad if I didn't get anything done all day. I set the timer for fifteen minutes and every time it went off I had to work for fifteen minutes. Then I took a break for 15, either reading a book or playing with the kids. Seemed to work really well. I'm going to try that for this afternoon now. My morning routine was pretty blown since I was making phone calls for K. and then spent the morning with my sister, but that's okay - I'm going to catch up now. Have to put the laundry in, get dinner cooking (my normal morning routine chores) and a bunch of other stuff. Here goes!

No comments: