Saturday, February 18, 2006

Rescued from drowning

After driving around with the kids so DH/the high school kids could watch them during his rehearsal so I could attend a MOMS Club New Member Social this afternoon, and after feeling like a single mom for the last two weeks+, when DH came home from rehearsal so we could all drive over to his parents' house, I described my emotional state:

Whenever anyone asks if I'm going to do another show soon, I always tell them that I'm doing everything I can right now just to keep my head above water. After the last couple weeks, I feel like I've been treading water for longer than I'm physically able to and that I've already gone under a few times and am not totally sure if I'm going to make it back up to the surface.

He took the kids by himself to his parents. I got the house to myself so I can bring back some level of order. Aaaahhh.

Here's what I got done in the last three hours:
Two loads of laundry completed and put away
Picked up in every room of the house - I set the timer for ten minutes per room. Some rooms that was enough, some I worked longer.
Dusted and vacuumed the entire house

It might not seem like much, but it sure feels like it! Plus, I got to do it in silence. No one arguing, no one whining, no one asking for "Just one more saltine, Mommy, please!" It was FABULOUS.

And I owe it all to my incredibly supportive husband. Even though his rehearsal was very long and draining, he not only agreed to take the kids for those three hours, he even brought them back ready for bed and once we got them all down for the night, he vacuumed the downstairs. What a guy! (He is standing over my shoulder as I write this, so I kind of had to say that - but he is a great guy none the less.) I won't say what I had to promise him to get him to agree to all this because I just found my mother-in-law reads this. :)

I still have a lot of STUFF that I have to get to, but at least the house is orderly. Always makes me feel so much better.

No comments: