Thursday, February 16, 2006

My poor, tired husband

After complaining somewhat about my DH in yesterday's blog, I e-mailed him to check it out, think about it, and leave a comment. Well, he did, but wouldn't leave a comment. His e-mailed response was that the show that he's directing right now is "kicking his butt." It is. He's usually at work until about 10 or 11 at night most of this month so far. I know that. And I wasn't referring to just right now. I just was trying to express things that he does that makes me feel loved. Anyway, when he got home last night at 10, he started picking things up around the living room as he told me about his day and even started the dishwasher for me. What a good guy he is!

I had written about how I sometimes don't feel like I'm doing a great job as a mom, that I know I could do better. Well, one of the solutions I came up with was to share the responsiblity with another mom who was feeling the same way. We are going to go to each other's house one afternoon a week and whoever's hosting will come up with an activity for all the kids to do. I'm hosting for the first time today. I'm really excited about this.

Okay, gotta get my butt in gear. Had a playgroup here last night that forced me to clean up (and was a lot of fun!) but the playroom is still a mess and I should pick it up before the kids get here!

No comments: