Friday, December 16, 2005

Today is a fifteen minute day

In an e-mail I received from FLYlady yesterday she declared yesterday a fifteen minute day. I didn't read it until this morning, but I'm using it! I have so many different things I need to get done. I'm setting the timer for fifteen minutes. For fifteen minutes each I'm going to work on: answering all my e-mail, picking up everything on the floor, dusting the house, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, mopping the kitchen, doing some laundry, finishing my holiday cards, taking care of some MOMS Club business, making a phone call I've been dreading, cleaning up the kitchen, paying the bills - I'm sure I can think of more, but that will do for now. The idea is that I only have to do the task until the timer goes off. It's a trick to keep me focused, but it makes it more fun than just a long to do list.

It's funny - today is the one day that DN-A does not come here. It's the one chance we have to not rush in the morning, trying to get dressed, beds made, room picked up, and downstairs for breakfast before 7:30, when he arrives. Of course, today was the first day in a while that the boys were up during the night PLUS up by 6:30, the earliest we let them get out of bed. J kept sleeping, but the boys were dressed and downstairs by a little after 7! AARGH! :)

Time to get them all ready to go to school so J and I can come back and start our fifteen minute day!

No comments: