Thursday, March 09, 2006

Getting the day going!

My morning plans got cancelled, my afternoon plans fell through - we are left with a day with absolutely nothing to do. Wow. That hasn't happened in a really long time. I almost messed it up by rushing us out the door to a story hour, but changed my mind at the last minute. It's nice to have a day at home every once in while. I have already done two loads of laundry, and a third is in the dryer and a fourth is in the washer. Haven't done too much more than that, so really have to get cracking so the day is not wasted!

Had a great time last night at our Mother's and More meeting. Three of us talked about our crafts. I don't usually think of scrapbooking as a craft, but it is. It was fun talking about it with people who were interested, not just people who look at me like I have too much time on my hands. And I got to show them how to scrap on a budget, something I think I'm an expert on.

Have I mentioned that while A still has not peed one drop on the potty, J is now on her third day wearing big girl underpants and has successfully finally managed to poop in the toilet? The baby step we're working on right now with A is for him to be able to recognize when he pees in his diaper. We have a tissue in there for him to feel the wetness. He was able to do it twice yesterday, but has not yet today. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I REALLY enjoyed your scrapbooking talk at the meeting, Rachel! Thanks for all the great tips.