Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I will survive . . .

Yesterday afternoon was a little tougher, but we muddled through.
While I was giving DN-J her bottle, J woke up from her nap in a Mood. Yes, some moods need to be capitalized - this was one of them. She often wakes up and needs to cuddle on the couch with me, usually laying on top of me, watching tv. This time, I had Baby J in my arm and the other arm was holding the bottle. We tried various configurations, but nothing made J happy. However, even through her tears and screams, when she noticed that DN-J had spit up (man, can that girl spit up!), she stopped crying long enough to reach over for her burp cloth, wipe her mouth, drop it, and then resume crying. How did I wind up with such a dramatic child? Yes, that is a purely rhetorical question.

Today DS was planning to work from home for the morning since she had a meeting at 10:30. Since her computer is in the shop, she came here to work. So nice to have another adult there to hear things like, "I'm sorry, B, old buddy." Hillarious to hear uttered from an almost three year old!

Some of my friends have declared Wednesdays as "What's for Dinner Wednesdays?" so I thought I would jump on that bandwagon. I'm not cool enough to know how to put up a great graphic like some of the blogs I saw, but know that I'm picturing it in my mind. I'm hoping to collect some new recipes this way.

We're having Vegetable Chili tonight, which I plan on mixing with "spinny noodles" for the kids to hopefully ensure them trying it (I'll let you know later if that works). To make it you throw this in the crock pot:
2 cans diced tomotoes with green chilis (undrained)
1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can broth (I had chicken on hand, recipe calls for vegetable)
1 cup of salsa
1 chopped onion
1 chopped pepper (red and green, if you have them)
Some cumin and some chili powder.
Turn the crockpot on low and let it sit for 6-8 hours.

What are YOU having tonight? PLEASE delurk and let me know. Post it in the comments section, no fair e-mailing it to me directly.

4 comments:

Movin Mom said...

too funny -I just commented on Chaotic home how you and I have submitted the exact same recipe give or take a step or two.
you sound like a very busy mom- not only with your own but other children as well -God Bless You- I am taking on a new baby to take of in October- this will be my first attempt-I am raising 4 of my own already but they are in school all day now.
Looking forward to it.

Just Nancy said...

Hi, Rachel!

I posted my recipe, Easy Chicken Pot Pie, over on my blog, nancysbrandt.blogspot.com.

owlhaven said...

Sounds like a good recipe. here from Chaotic Home

Mary, mom to many

Just Nancy said...

I love your Thursday Thirteens. Hope you figure out what happened with your comments so people can respond to you!