Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Potty training

This potty training thing is really hard for A. J seemed to catch on really quickly, in a day, and is now wearing underpants. She had two accidents yesterday, but that's not that bad! With A we're working on small goals - baby steps. This week our goal is to get him to recognize when he goes in his diaper. I have a tissue in there so he'll feel the wetness. This morning he announced during breakfast that he peed! This was the first time he told me he did and actually got it right. I'm so excited for him. I know it's frustrating for him, too. I have all his paperwork filled out and am just waiting for his teacher to fill out her form, then I can send it all in to the IU. I found out they have forty days to begin evaluating from when they receive the paperwork, so can't wait to get that started! I'll be really interested to see if they find out anything, or are able to give me some strategies for working with him.

No comments: