Monday, January 23, 2006

Good and Bad

DS' baby was born early Saturday morning at 3:16. What a night! We had told DS that she had to hold off until Friday afternoon. We ended Shiva at 12 - her water broke when she went for her last appointment at the Birth Center at 2! They told her she could wait until 4:30 to head over to the hospital. I got there around 5:30, and stronger contractions started at 6. My legs became so sore because I breathed and rocked and moaned right through every contraction with her, helping her focus. She did great! And baby J was 8 lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long, with a full head of black hair. Beautiful.

So that was the good.
Burying Grandpop in the pouring rain - bad.
Sitting shiva at Mom and Dad's - not as bad as I thought.
Prepping each night for the next day's shiva since we never knew when we'd get that call from DS = bad. Just so tired by the end of the day.

The disaster that is my house = very bad.
My parents' house is clean. I was there every day and night, cleaning, prepping, organizing - their house looks good. Since I was only hear in the AM and then in time to go to bed, just about, this house is trashed. I spent some time yesterday cleaning, so it's not as bad as it could be, but it's still not good.

I have more to write, but I'm tired! Just never really caught up from missing a whole night's sleep Friday to Saturday. And J has a cold and apparently threw up from coughing last night, so I have a lot to clean up still. She woke around 5 and I went in and changed her sheet and pjs, but when I went back in before 7 when she woke again I saw that she had it in her hair so that sheet needs to get washed too plus her "Mine" (her favorite bear/blanket that she carries everywhere), plus needed to bathe her (it's all out but her hair still doesn't smell great). Now we just got back from the supermarket to get more laundry detergent (what a time to run out!). I need to change her, do her breathing medicine (making sure the cold doesn't progress to her lungs), gather up all the laundry and rinse off the vomit (YUCK!) and put in a load of laundry. And then we'll see how much time is left before I need to pick up the boys!

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

So glad to see you posting again, love your blog. Great news about your new neice! :)

I'm sorry to hear what your family has been through with your grandfather. It sounds like your family has been a great source of support for eachother. They are very blessed to have such a great daughter.

You had a very long week with a lot of ups and downs. Hang in there, you're a very special person!