Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy De-Lurking Week

Apparently it's an actual thing - I read about it on a couple of other blogs. Sooooo . . . if you're someone who has been lurking, reading my blog and not commenting, today's the day! Leave a comment, let me know who you are, tell me what you think, offer some advice, ANYTHING! :)

Not much to say today. Taught last night and it was a good class. I teach Resource Room for kids learning Hebrew at the Temple and having trouble. I have four kids on four slightly different levels, and last night I was able to keep each one engaged and working even as I worked with them individually. No easy juggling feat, let me tell you. After school I went to the library to get a bunch of pirate books. My friend hired me to be the entertainment for her son's pirate party this Saturday. I'm psyched! So much so that I'm scrapping my other plans for today and declaring today a Pirate Day. I want to try out all the different songs, games, and activities that I'm planning to see how they go over and to see how long they will take. I'm supposed to fill an hour - it's tough to keep kids' attention for more than fifteen minutes, so I'm looking at a big variety of things: sitting still to listen to a story, then getting up for an active song, then sitting down for a quiet song, then up for a game, etc.

Because I didn't get home until later than I'd like to last night, and was still revved up, I couldn't go to bed early. At least I went upstairs so I didn't fall asleep on the couch. And then DH had to leave early today (set the alarm for five) and I don't even remember more after his alarm went off - next thing I know it's 6:45! J had woken two hours earlier and I convinced her to go back to sleep (it's still bedtime, lay down) but no one else made a peep until then. They'd been waking around 6 recently, so that was nice. However, it meant that I didn't get showered or dressed before they got up, and they flipped when I mentioned taking a shower, so I only threw clothes on. I think waking up before them in enough time to shower, dress, throw a load of laundry in, and put breakfast on the table (if I didn't do it the night before) makes ALL the difference in the world. As it is, I now have less than thirty minutes to: get breakfast cleaned up, plus the kitchen counters and dining room floor, get the kids washed up, get myself cleaned up a little more, clear off the dining room hotspot (no I didn't do that last night!), get the kids' shoes on, and throw the laundry in. There's probably a few more things I should be doing too. Damn, I HATE HATE HATE that I do this to myself all the time. That's why I'm trying to establish my two goals for this month (to go to bed on time and to clear off the hotspots before I do). Alright, fresh chance tonight. Better get moving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted you to know that I have been lurking (as you put it) on your blog since the day before we had dinner on new years eve (hint). Anyway I am at work and dont have any more time to spend here. Have a great day and tell DH I said hi.