Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I did it!

I managed to get to bed by 9:15 and had all hot spots cleared off. Go me! I now have two stickers on the calendar as my reward. It's amazing: tell my DH that I want to go to bed early to . . . spend some time with him, but I need everything ready for the next day before I head upstairs, and watch him move! He got breakfasts and lunches ready, cleaned up some of the kitchen . . . boy, he's good. :)

My son A amazes me! He's hovering by my left arm reading different things on the screen. He's THRILLED that I wrote his name just now - "You typed my name, A!" I started writing this paragraph because he came up to me and asked, "Why did you write 'I did it!' ?" I had to look around the screen to find that I had written it as the title to this post.

Today we start the winter session of my Mom's Morning Out. It will run only until the end of February. I will start watching my soon-to-be born niece or nephew in March. The theme for these two months is Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales. We're going to be doing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" today - after singing it and acting it out, we will paint a starry night picture.

Okay, A won't leave me alone - he's so desparate to get on the computer to play. I haven't turned the tv on yet for the kids (I normally let them watch for an hour after breakfast) and no one has complained. Maybe cutting tv time down for all of us won't be as tough as I thought!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job with the bedtime. Going to bed early is SUCH a tough thing for me, too. And boy, Aaron is going to be quite the reader!

I think kids forget about TV fairly quickly. We let the girls watch TV when we're out of town, but when we get back home, it's no more television. They seem to enjoy it when it's available, but totally forget about it when it's not.

So far, so good with the resolutions! Keep it up!