Sunday, April 16, 2006

Acceptance

I guess what it comes down to is learning to do the things that I dislike before the things I like. I know, this is no huge epiphany, but it's just seems like something I need to accept. Housework may not be fun, but I try to make it manageable. I don't love doing it, but I love when it's done. And if I do a little every day, it's not too overwhelming (in theory).

If I was my own best friend, I would tell myself that I need to suck it up and get to work. I know it. Whining about it doesn't make it any easier. I had some idea what I was getting into when I signed up to be a SAHM. DH and I had agreed that taking care of the house and the bills would be part of my job, with the main emphasis always being the kids, of course. I just didn't realize how much the running of the house would take out of me. I don't know why; even when I was working full-time it was challenging for me. And now with all the kids, it's even harder. But that shouldn't be my excuse.

I'm heading back over to my in-laws' now for dinner. I went with DH to take the kids over this morning so they could find the eggs they dyed last week and go through the Easter baskets they made. Very exciting. But I did slip away for a couple hours back home so I could balance the checkbook and update my on-line budget. Tonight, while we watch The West Wing (as they bury Leo - sniff, sniff!!!), I plan to go through the rest of my papers. I will take care of the bills tomorrow morning. Okay, sounds like a plan.

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

Rachel, I think you're being just a teensy hard on yourself, but I'm right there with you. On the housekeeping thing. I'm going to keep checking into YOUR blog to help keep me motivated now, too.

Good for you for posting on your Flying progress. Do you have a Todo list?