Tuesday, April 18, 2006

TaDa!

I feel great! It's amazing what a difference it makes to tackle one small corner of the house. I was able to keep going, so the clean spread (it's apparently contagious).
I woke up today to:
  • dinner in the crockpot
  • breakfast of matzah pancakes on the table (covered in saran wrap), complete with dried fruit (to counteract the nasty side effect of eating a lot of matzah), cups, and honey
  • two cantelopes cut up in a plastic bag in the fridge, ready for snacking today
  • the ingredients for making charoset (my favorite Passover food) all together in a bowl, ready for friends who are coming over this morning to make it with us
  • the toys from yesterday all put away
  • no laundry in the washer OR the dryer
  • the counters washed off (though they did still have the dishes from making the fried matzah on them, ready to go in the dishwasher this morning after it was emptied)

I was inspired to help the boys straighten up their room before we came downstairs since I cleaned it yesterday. It didn't seem like a waste to make their beds.

I had no problem reminding the kids to put all their dishes in the dishwasher since the dining room table was cleared off of everything else except for their dishes.

The big thing I didn't do was get to bed on time, but I'll work on that today (as I yawn at the computer). I have TWO playdates today (yes, I'm quite busy), but they're both here, so no running around. DN-J is down for her first nap of the day, and I just turned on the tv for the boys (they get to watch some in the morning and some in the afternoon). So it seems like it's turning out to be a good day. It's amazing to me how doing a little makes such a huge difference in how things look and, more importantly, in how I feel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed, and it wasn't so many "little" things! I was a lot of stuff to accomplish. You should be proud.

Chaotic Mom said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you!!!!! ;)

Domestic Goddess said...

You go girl! That is great!
Isn't it wonderful to wake up to all of that?

Anonymous said...

The little things add up, dont' they? I'm glad you feel good about them!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel Awesome when you finally feel like you've accomplished something in the house. I need to start making a list of things to do in my house so I am not always overwhelmed. You go girl!

Domestic CEO said...

Oh my goodness, I got "Jack and Syd's Mom" to start lurking and leave a message?!! I'm in shock!! :) Thanks for the encouragement.